Capturing Memories | Documenting History

The Blaze Yearbook

News & Updates
  • Have a great summer Hawks!
  • All 2024 yearbooks not picked up can be picked up before or after school in the fall.

The Blaze Yearbook

The Blaze Yearbook

Keeping the Faith

As Papouet Richardeau Grows Up, She Becomes More Confident in Her Faith
Dan Zalazar-Ramirez

From a young age, Ezarria Papouet Richardeau (11) grew up in a Christian household. Papouet-Richardeau went to the same church since she was a baby. Although she had been so accustomed to religion, Papuoet Richardeau also had challenges along the way.

Working hard and persevering through hard times is what is really important to me.

— Ezarria Papouet Richareau

“With my religion I’ve had a lot of ups and downs, but with those ups and downs I’ve learned valuable lessons, it has helped me see a different perspective on people’s lives,” Papouet Richardeau said.

In her fourth grade year, she invited one of the girls in her class to go to church with her. The girl refused to go and followed up saying “church is a waste of time.” When those words were said, it hurt Papouet Richardeau in that moment.

“That opened my eyes to realize that people don’t necessarily agree with me or think that going to church is as important as I do,” Papouet Richardeau said.

From that day forward, Paouet Richardeau became more confident in showing off her religion. Social media and sweatshirts with bible verses on them made her feel confident.

Although Papouet Richardeau felt confident about expressing her morals and what she believed in, she also kept in mind others beliefs and made sure to show everybody kindness.

“Something I always think about is sometimes people don’t always want to hear what you have to say about your religion, so always being intentional with what you say because sometimes they will question you as a character and hold your religion against you and create stereotypes,” Papouet- Richardeau said.

Having carried religion and friendships with her through challenges, she overcame any hardship that came her way.

“I’ve experienced many challenges in my life, some include divorced parents, injuries, excessive responsibility at home, moving and the death of my mom,” Papouet Richardeau said. “Working hard and persevering through the hard times is what is really important to me rather than dwelling on whatever has happened in my life.”